Oct 4, 2007

Salvation


Psalm 91:14-16 (NIV)

14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.

16 With long life will I satisfy him
and show him my salvation."


God's 1-800 line never closes. This promise from scripture is powerful and peace-giving.

When we "acknowledge" God by calling on him, he will always answer. He doesn't leave us, and actively works to deliver us from trouble.

Do we believe that?

It's hard, sometimes. Negative loops can run through our minds. We're good at playing out lists of our troubles, but probably not quite so accomplished at acknowledging what's good all around us.

When we're in the midst of trouble, sometimes it's hard to imagine that God is actively working for our salvation.

Yet in Psalm 91, there's the promise.

The hebrew word used in verse 16 and translated in English as "salvation" is "yeshuwa."

This word is the root of Jesus' own name. Salvation.

It's always a good time to pray. God is at work for us today.

Prayer: Today, O Lord, we call on you. We believe what you have promised: you will answer.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be. World without end. Amen.

Tomorrow's Scripture: Luke 16:19-31

No comments: