May 19, 2009

Sunday, May 17

On Sunday night, snack supper was provided by Angie Stargel: Many, many thanks! Chicken biscuits, chips, salsa, queso, Gatorade, fruits and veggies!

We played freeze tag for the game, and it was more than entertaining. Watching Doug Dean crawl under the legs of kids half his size made me laugh out loud!

I played David Crowder's "Here is Our King" for worship; a fantastic song that just bleeds praise! Brittany Hammond tried to convince me to play "Blind Man" again, but I had to decline. I dont want to wear that song out too quickly.

I talked about how the youth should not feel that they cannot make a difference in their world because they are too young. I dislike that phrase: "Too young." I mean, it has its place, for sure, when referring to people too young to drink or see a rated R movie, but using it as a means of placing a limit on someone's ability to make a difference in their school, community, state or even nation is ridiculous. I pointed to the examples of David slaying Goliath (which promised victory to the Israelites over the Philistines - an act that changed a nation...arguably forever), the story of Jesus feeding the 5,000 in which a little boy gives his lunch (a meager offering that Jesus takes and performs a miracle with), and the story of Johnathan of his armor bearer who, at a young age, single-handedly struck fear into the heart of an opposing army and changed the tide of war.

Farbeit from us, I explained, to limit God's ability to work in mighty ways through the young. In fact, 1 Timothy 4:12 echoes that stance:

"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity."

No comments: