Aug 25, 2009

Sermons

So, SOTH...what do you want to hear me preach about?

I'm open to suggestions, most definitely.

Here's the thing: I had September all nicely planned...and then plans have changed. We made an adjustment on the church calendar with regard to the timing of some things that we're going to do in October/November, and now my September preaching calendar has suddenly become wide open.

Here's the other thing: I don't think it ought to be just up to the preacher to decide what parts of the "bread" get broken each Sunday. I'd love to hear from you.

What sermons do you need to hear? What parts of our faith are you curious about? What do you think would help our congregation?

Come on...feedback, feedback in the comments below. I'm going to post over on facebook too so we'll bait the hook in a couple of places and see what comes.

Peace --- Adam

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to hear more about the answer to the age-old question, Why Bad Things Happen to Good People [and the opposite, Why Good Things Happen to Bad People].
Can't an all-powerful God protect me a little more from the pain and misery in this world?

Anonymous said...

One word: Baseball

We simply do not get enough baseball mixed into our sermons...Just kidding my friend.

Serving...I think the message of serving in ministry is critical. We have much to learn about looking inside ourselves, so we may serve God.

Anonymous said...

We are on the path to be more like Jesus, so more on the words written in RED. What Jesus says we should do.