May 12, 2010

Soon

From Revelation 22 (The Message)

"Yes, I'm on my way! I'll be there soon!

I'm bringing my payroll with me.

I'll pay all people in full for their life's work. I'm A to Z, the First and the Final, Beginning and Conclusion.

How blessed are those who wash their robes! The Tree of Life is theirs for good, and they'll walk through the gates to the City.

"I, Jesus, sent my Angel to testify to these things for the churches.

I'm the Root and Branch of David, the Bright Morning Star."

"Come!" say the Spirit and the Bride.
Whoever hears, echo, "Come!"
Is anyone thirsty? Come!
All who will, come and drink,
Drink freely of the Water of Life!

He who testifies to all these things says it again: "I'm on my way! I'll be there soon!"

Yes! Come, Master Jesus!

The grace of the Master Jesus be with all of you. Oh, Yes!

Can you remember a time when someone met a need for you? When have you been in need...a need that you could not meet for yourself?

How did it feel to experience that "grace?"

After all, when we receive a gift, and find that our needs are met when we didn't know how they would be, that's the very definition of grace.

And it's the nature of God towards his people.

This closing chapter of Revelation reminds us of the end of the story.

The apostle John was in his old age, exiled to the work colony of Patmos. He was powerless, and surrounded by powerless people who were being punished for their faith in Jesus.

John's revelation, in a nutshell?

It will all be worth it.

He hears the voice of Jesus: "I'm on my way, I'll be there soon. All who will, come and drink freely of the water of life!"

John actually knew that voice from his earlier life. He spent time with this man from Galilee who was the Messiah. He knew his voice, and heard it again in his heavenly vision.

How exciting would this have been for John? Can it be exciting for us to hear these words?

If you are tired...there is hope. There is one who is the beginning and the end, and he will take care of us all.

That's the good news that gives peace.

Grace & Peace,

Adam

For today, a glimpse into how pop rock envisions the end and what comes next:

No comments: