Feb 17, 2009

Leaving Home

Hello SOTHbloggers --- and thanks again for your keeping tabs of Holly and me, and following along on our holy land excursion.  

This is departure day --- and anytime you get ready to leave home and take a big trip, it can make you a little reflective on the great blessings that we enjoy and take for granted everyday.  

Listening to some music early this morning I heard Neil Young's, "I am a Child," and of course it put me in mind of my 3 boys.    Without a doubt, leaving them to go on the trip is the hardest part for us.  

But, they are in wonderful hands with loving grandparents who will care for them and the support of a couple hundred of our closest SOTH friends and family.  

So...a little devotional moment through pop music this morning:  for all of you who are parents...or who have a role in the life of a child --- some good stuff from Neil Young, back in the Buffalo Springfield days.  

Wish I could play the song for you, but you know...copyrights, etc.  Go look it up and listen if you have time...Neil is an acquired taste, perhaps, but I love his stuff.  

Next post, from Tiberias on the Sea of Galilee!  

"I am a Child," Neil Young

I am a child, I'll last a while.
You can't conceive
of the pleasure in my smile.

You hold my hand,
rough up my hair,
It's lots of fun
to have you there.

God gave to you,
now, you give to me,
I'd like to know
what you learned.

The sky is blue
and so is the sea.
What is the color,
when black is burned?
What is the color?

You are a man, you understand.
You pick me up
and you lay me down again.

You make the rules,
you say what's fair,
It's lots of fun
to have you there.

God gave to you,
now, you give to me,
I'd like to know
what you learned.

The sky is blue
and so is the sea.
What is the color,
when black is burned?
What is the color?

I am a child, I'll last a while.
You can't conceive
of the pleasure in my smile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are with you... Lisa