Apr 22, 2010

Sheep

John 10:22-27 NIV

22Then came the Feast of Dedication at Jerusalem.

It was winter, 23and Jesus was in the temple area walking in Solomon's Colonnade.

24The Jews gathered around him, saying, "How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Christ, tell us plainly."

25Jesus answered, "I did tell you, but you do not believe.

The miracles I do in my Father's name speak for me, 26but you do not believe because you are not my sheep.

27My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

The relationship between the shepherd and the sheep is something special.

Sheep really do come to learn their shepherd's voice, and they'll only follow him.

Jesus implies (or pretty plainly states) in this passage that those who questioned him for miracles and knowledge couldn't perceive what he'd already done because they weren't of his fold.

Their hearts weren't ready to receive what God was doing, right in their midst.

God's plan just outstripped their spiritual imaginations.

What about us?

What could we be missing right now because we believe we know what God will or won't do?

The plain truth is...we don't know. We need to be sheep and learn to listen if we'd like to know more.

At least that appears to be the implication.

Grace, Peace, and Baaaaah,

Adam










No comments: