Apr 17, 2009

Shared Faith and Shared Ministry...It's What Makes a Chuch Family


Happy Friday, SOTH Family --

I wanted to share with you a wonderful testimony from one of our members. Every Thursday, Jamie Blankenship writes an encouraging email to our community visitation team. We go out together into the community every Thursday night to meet our neighbors around the church and begin to build relationships.

What she had to say this week was truly encouraging and real picture of ministry at SOTH --- Thanks for letting me share Jamie!

Grace, Peace and see you all on Sunday!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, All!

I missed everyone last week (Spring Break)! A lot more than I thought I would. (no offense J ) And whenever I have a “surprise” feeling, I sit around and analyze it. So here are my thoughts from last week on “why do I feel so odd, home on a Thursday”

From my perspective, the relationships between our LRE ministry team members has surpassed “people I serve with in ministry once a week”. I feel like we are family. I look forward to seeing you all each week. I enjoy our similarities. I enjoy our differences. Everyone has such a great sense of humor. What a family!

Wait, this sounds too good to be true…No “black sheep” to deal with? Don’t all families have at least one someone that doesn’t “play nice with others”? How do we all get along so well?

I believe we share this special bond because of our deep love for Christ and our desire to serve Him. This is the common thread that creates our “family ties”.

And this ministry doesn’t feel like work to me. I mean, what we do on Thursdays does not fit in my mental image of “church work”.

All you have to do is love someone. I think this scripture really sums it up.

I do not call you servants any longer, because the servant does not know what the master is doing; but I have called you friends, because I have made known to you everything that I have heard from my Father. John 15:15

It is really a blessing to serve with all of you, fellow friends of Christ, each week. Your love for Christ is truly inspiring.

Jamie


1 comment:

Kelsie Seymour said...

Man. I wish I would have been there. I miss coming to LRE and I cant waait til the end of school because I'll be able to join back in with all of you. Hope to be back soon.
C-MO