Apr 13, 2009

Sunday, April 12

Yesterday was a super-busy day for me, but in all of the best possible ways. After the routine church stuff, I was invited to Easter dinner with the Vantrees', so I followed the lot of them over to their home. While their, Brittany, Aaron, Devin, Kevin and I all hung out with one another. Dinner was awesome, too, a la Andrea and Pat. I also had a great opportunity to meet some folks, which was cool, too.

I had to take Brittany away from the party for band practice at the church which was rushed due to time constraints, but went really well. We played "No One Like You" by David Crowder, "Marvelous Light" by Charlie Hall, and "Everlasting God" by Chris Tomlin. I wanted to play all up-beat songs last night to bring some life to the party. Before we began singing, I shared with the group what I have heard Crowder say at two of his concerts:

"Now that was pretty, but we arent going for pretty. We are going for loud."

Crowder would stop playing in the middle of a song and say this, and then after they began playing again, the crowd got uproariously loud, and the same happened at youth last night. I saw the kids really getting into worship and being excited about the words they were singing, which was a great thing to behold, truly.

After youth, I took Julian and Brittany home, and during the ride, we did karaoke! Brittany and I actually did some karaoke earlier in the day on our way to the church from the Vantrees', too. Add in Julian, and we had ourselves a trio! It was awesome.

When I got home, I had the chance to relax again. Sundays are always stressful, but in all of the good ways.

Hasta.

No comments: