Nov 13, 2009

A Special Challenge

Dear SOTH Family,

I am sending this e-mail as a long time member of a church that I am proud to call home. I am so excited about our Grace of Giving Banquet this Friday night.

I have seen this church go through many ups and downs since our first pastor, and I am very happy to still be a member of this church. We have a wonderful Pastor with a great family who truly has God at the center of his heart and family.

We have so many wonderful new things happening at Shepherd of the Hills, and if you have been at church over the last couple of months, you have seen the programs we are celebrating.

Our Children's Ministry is growing, our women's group is awesome, the prayer team is strong and getting stronger, LRE is going great, we have a wonderful youth director and great youth group, our outreach team and outreach services in the community are phenomenal.

We have learned much from PEM on how we need to direct each of our committees, groups and ministries that support our church. We have been putting those lessons into action, and it all starts with Prayer.

So, here is my challenge to all of you as it was to Jim and myself.

Let's make this year be the best ever in the life of our church! Let's turn the corner so to speak.

Jim and I have always given to the church but after going through some training as a member of the finance team and after much discussion and prayer between us, we have decided to put in to action what we have always known and should be doing.

We are putting our FAITH in GOD when it comes to Tithing. We are just trusting God that we will be able to pay all the bills, but his has to be first this year, and we have to commit.

If we all Tithe on Friday night whether it is $10.00 a year or $10,000 a year, this will help our church put the budget together to make even more changes in our programs and outreach services to make disciples for Christ.

If you are not involved or connected in some way, get involved.

Don't wait for someone to come to you and ask for help, volunteer and say where do you need me! We have many opportunities at SOTH just open your eyes and your heart and look around. God is in the center of this church, and I am very excited.

I hope I will get to see you all on Friday night and you will bring your cards to pledge with you. Let's celebrate Shepherd of the Hills UMC and all the wonderful Blessings God has given us!

I am proud to call you all my brothers and sisters in Christ.

In His Service,
Cindi Bartlett

No comments: