Mar 23, 2011

If You Would Only Get to Know and Trust Me...Signed, God

From Psalm 91  The Message


"If you'll hold on to me for dear life," says God, 
      "I'll get you out of any trouble. 
   I'll give you the best of care 
      if you'll only get to know and trust me. 
   Call me and I'll answer, be at your side in bad times; 
      I'll rescue you, then throw you a party. 
   I'll give you a long life, 
      give you a long drink of salvation!"



If you'll only get to know and trust me...


That sounds like me, and every other parent I've ever known.  We really want to know our kids...to have them know us...and to have them trust us.  


That trust gets in short supply, of course, as they go through the trials of their adolescent years.  


How long will we be spiritual adolescents?  Sometimes, for all of us, it seems like the answer is, "forever."  


But the consistent witness of scriptures gives us hope that it doesn't have to be that way.  


There is real, spiritual food, there is a long drink of salvation, offered by the God who loves us.  


If you'll only get to know and love me.  


God is here.  Scripture, Worship, Relationships, Prayer, Giving and Serving.  These are the ways to know Him.  


Grace & Peace,
Adam 



No comments: