Mar 3, 2011

Today's Reading

Revelation 22:16-17 The Message

Jesus sent my angel to testify to these things for the churches. I'm the Root and Branch of David, the Bright and Morning Star.

"Come," say the Spirit and the Bride. Whoever hears, echo, "Come!". Is anyone thirsty? Come! All who will, come and drink, drink freely of the Water of Life!
------------------------------------------

So the theme of this week's readings just keeps going. God continually offers us abundance if we will choose to receive it!

I've heard that sort of thing said in church my whole life, but I'm so thankful that bit by bit, God is helping me understand and experience it more fully.

Are you thirsty in your soul?

I can promise you that there truly is living water all around.

But the old saying about thirsty horses is true. God leads us but doesn't make us drink.

He allows us to struggle as long as we need to. At some point it is left to us to kneel down, scoop hands, open mouths and receive.

For me, that means gratitude. God is so good. Living water...bread of life. This is God's good gift.

Grace & Peace,
Adam


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: