Jun 25, 2009

Expansive

2 Corinthians 6:1-13 (The Message)

Dear, dear Corinthians, I can't tell you how much I long for you to enter this wide-open, spacious life.

We didn't fence you in.

The smallness you feel comes from within you. Your lives aren't small, but you're living them in a small way.


I'm speaking as plainly as I can and with great affection. Open up your lives.

Live openly and expansively!



How big is the life you're living, right now?

A few years ago, I walked into a coffee shop with a good friend. Before I could say anything, he pulled out some cash and paid for my coffee. I'll always remember what he said.

"I'm feeling expansive today."

Expansive. Such a strange turn of phrase. I'd never heard anyone say that before. I still remember that little act of kindness and the odd, wonderful declaration of "expansiveness" that accompanied it.

Let's be expansive. Our lives are only small if we live them that way.

Grace & Peace,
Adam

No comments: